Monday, September 19, 2011

Take me back here!

Calatagan Golf Club




My friend Rubby has been inviting to play Calatagan Golf Club like forever. I had always wanted to go but it just seemed like such a long drive to get there from Manila (http://www.calatagangolfclub.com/how-to-get-there).  After a couple of glasses of bubbly and oysters following a golf game at Forest Hills with my girlfriend Sam, we promised Rubby we would go.  So when we finally got to Calatagan, I kept asking myself why I had not made this trip sooner. 






It was such a beautiful course!  Old trees and scenic fairways lined with lush Kalachuchi trees added to its majestic landscape. 


Short par 3



Calatagan is one of the oldest courses in the Philippines and very few know that it is one of the few “green” golf courses that has been making a lot of “eco-friendly”efforts to keep the course organic.  There are no chemicals or fertilizers used throughout this Robert Trent designed course.  Instead, a biodynamic compost which is made on premise by the Calatagan staff is what is used. 





Stay out of the bunker!


I could hardly concentrate on my game as I wanted to take so many pictures! Every hole had its charm.  This is one course I really would like to play again.


With Ricky Yabut, Samantha Lopez Edwards & Rubby Lugtu


Fore!

No comments: