Thursday, July 11, 2013

My 17 year old Graves


I finally organized my wine ref.  It had become such a mess that I was no longer sure what I had in it.





This despite the fact we have a couple of glasses every night. No excuse. Because of this I discovered several bottles that i thought would be way past its prime.  I randomly opened a couple only to realize that some of the wines had began to die ....  The lesson here is that you shouldn't keep waiting for "that right moment" to open a good bottle of wine.  There almost always is a good reason to open a bottle of wine!  Plus somewhere around the world it's happy hour :-)
So tonight I decided to open a 17-year old bottle of Chateau Ducasse Graves 1996 i had bought from Bacchus years ago.  I was crossing my fingers and hoping it was still alive.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was still quite good.  This time I am going to make sure I don't wait 17 years to open another bottle like this.

Cheers!

1 comment:

General Manager said...

would be a nice wine tasting...talaga