Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am going to miss Lorena Ochoa...


My jaw dropped whenI read the news about Lorena Ochoa's retirement. “But why?????” Was all I could think of. Ochoa was my idol and I enjoyed watching all her tournaments.

For the past couple of years I would follow Lorena Ochoa's flight at the Longs Drugs Challenge at the  Blackhawk Country Club in Danville, California. 





It was just awesome to watch her play. Lorena's head tilt away from the target on the downswing and the way she bounces the shaft off her back as she finishes her swing is a trademark I took pleasure in watching. 


While most of us “normal” women golfers average 180 yard drives, Lorena made 290 yard drives powered by her hips and legs look so effortless.

Lorena retires as world number one with twenty seven LPGA career victories including two major championships at only 28 years old. Truly an amazing player. She will be missed.


No comments: