Friday, March 25, 2011

Comfort food


My lunch

Today I played my first club championship match play.... and lost. I accepted every shot I made good and bad. I tried my best but there are just those days when even your best isn't good enough to win. What's important is I had fun and learned that I need to experience many more match plays to be able to play better under pressure. Playing golf under pressure can be stressful which actually defeats the purpose of playing golf in the first place right? So when I feel let down from a round I sometimes reward myself with comfort food. Never fails. My ultimate comfort food in the world is fresh oysters! A little squeeze of lemon and tabasco and a glass (or two) of Sauvignon Blanc is enough to lift my spirits. So today I rewarded myself with oysters and I wolfed everything down with a bowl of clam pasta. Dessert was fruit cheese and the remaining wine left in the bottle (hic, hic, hic...)

Life is good..... and tomorrow I get to play golf again. Fore!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading this I pictured you totally zoned into your dish and bottle, er, uh, I mean glass of wine...savoring every minute. There is nothing like indulging in one's comfort food....YUMMM!

Patricia Hannigan said...

I LOVE oysters too! They're on of my favorite things in the world to eat. However a couple of nuances: In lieu of lemon/tabasco, I prefer Mignonette which is simply red wine vinegar with finely chopped shallots and In lieu of Sav Blanc, I prefer... a glass of Veuve Clicquot. And for me, Oysters aren't exactly "comfort" food. for me comfort food must be rich and quite heavy. What I love about Oysters is that they're light and refined... they're definitely "indulge myself" food, that's for sure.

In any case indulging in an awesome meal was the perfect thing to do after your disappointing round. And ... I'm sure you'll do better with each round you play.

I'm so glad you started blogging... and I can't wait to read more!!!

Unknown said...

@Patricia-Ah yes Veuve Clicquot with oysters! I love that too :-)
@Selene -Make it Hogs oysters at the pier.....