Friday, June 15, 2012

Michael who?


I watched him at the practice round with Kevin Na and Andy Zhang, the youngest amateur playing in the U.S. Open.  After the around he signed my golf cap and asked if we were having fun at the Open.  I thought he was so nice.  But i kept asking myself, Michael who????  Well Michael Thompson went on to shoot 66 and was at the top of the leaderboard on day 1 of the 112th U.S. Open.

Justin Rose

Justin Rose and Tiger Woods ended the round with -1.

Tiger Woods
What an exciting first day!!!!  Tiger was just so steady thriving throughout the round. Meanwhile
it was so painful to watch Bubba Watson and Phil Mickelson struggling throughout their game.

Phil Mickelson

What was even more painful was watching world number 1, 2 and 3....  By the ninth hole collectively Rory,
Lee and Luke  were already 12 over...


Rory McIlroy

Lee Westwood
Luke Donald
I only hope all three make the cut and that we continue to watch them this weekend.

But that's golf and Friday will surely be another story.

Matt Kutchar
One of my favorite players in the field is Matt Kutchar. I am betting he will be one of the top players on Friday.


Fore!

No comments: